Just waiting on the inevitable

• 2 replies
  • 35 subscribers
  1. My mum is at the end with brain cancer and no treatment now being given but it just seems so cruel lying in hospital in 1 position just waiting while life goes on outside that door !! Im intensely searching for help and advice
  • Sad to read this. The only thing you can do is make sure she's comfortable and TALK to her about anything...even some normal things like whatever weather is like  what's on TV  ir maybe play some music on you tube ....things she liked. She eill appreciate you being there......sometimes when the end comes and they're just hanging on....waiting for permission to finally go.....my mum.hung on 4 days  ut was evident she was not just going to wake up and get better, so I gently softly told her it was ok to go she was tired and needed to rest.

So sorry and hope this  doesn't cause too much upset   but believe me it's also a huge relief as its horrible watching them ebbing away. X

Madesp 
  • Hi Clair

apologies for the delay in replying. So sorry to hear about your mum. You're right it is cruel but as Madesp has said all you can do is be there for her, make sure she's comfortable and talk to her. It's heartbreaking and personally I am dreading when we get to that part of this rollercoaster ride with my husband. 

I've found a couple of links from the website that might help you- 

Looking after yourself as a carer - Macmillan Cancer Support

Emotional support for carers - Macmillan Cancer Support

I wish there was something I could say to take pain away from the reality of the situation. Please reach out via this group at any time. Everyone around here gets its and there's always someone around to offer some words of wisdom and a virtual hug. 

It’s always good to talk so please remember you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

For now I'm sending you a huge virtual hug. Stay strong.

love n hugs

Wee me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm