New here and recently diagnosed with meniginoma

• 2 replies
  • 34 subscribers

Hello all 

am looking for some advice .i have recently been diagnosed with meniginoma that needs surgery ,I have been told the surgery will happen by the end of this month.just asking if anyone can share their experiences if possible please?

thank you in advance 

k xx

• HI K

a warm welcome to the group. So sorry to hear about what you are going through. 

My personal experience is related to supporting my husband with his Glioblastoma journey so I can't fairly comment on your situation as everyone is unique here. I also don't want to say something that makes an already scary situation worse. This group is really supportive and the members have a varied range of experience of the various brain tumour/cancer types. I'm sure someone with the relevant experience will be along soon to hopefully allay some of your fears and concerns.

It’s always good to talk so please remember you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

To find information covering diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers check our Online Information and Support Section

Sorry I've not been more help to you at this point. I didn't want your post to go unanswered. For now though I'm sending you a huge virtual hug. Stay positive. Stay strong.

love n hugs

Wee me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

1. hello I’m sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I have had very similar experience. I was diagnosed with meningioma March last year and had craniotomy 29 April one month later at southmead hospital Bristol. The op successfully removed the tumour and I’ve been slowly mending since then. Make sure you have support when you leave hospital so that you can keep resting. I now feel well and am pretty much back to normal. Take care, go slowly afterwards as recovery takes while and I experienced a lot of fatigue from time to time which was difficult for me and family to understand. 
      wishing you well
    2. s.