Coils in brain ?

• 1 reply
  • 34 subscribers

Hi. Love and calm to all on here. I hope today you can find just even one moment to smile. I am trying. Im wondering if anyone on this forum has coils in their brain as well as a tumour. By coils I mean those metal coils that are implanted during surgery when you have a brain haemorrhage, they are used to fill these burst vessel. I had such a haemorrhage at 32 out the Blue in 2008 and I was saved by the coiling op. Then now years later I’m facing a brain tumour that has gone malignant within the last 12 months (I was on annual watch and wait Scans) and I may have surgery next week.  My concern is having the  surgery when I have coils ? I’m just wondering if there is anyone out there who has these coils in their head and also a tumour ? Rare i think but just putting it out there seeking someone who is in a similar situation x 

ps if there is anyone out there who has just been diagnosed with a tumour and u feel lIke your life has fallen apart. I know how u feel, it’s the pits. Stay calm. My tumour stayed stable low grade for at least 14 years. It was probably there a long time more before I had my first scan in 2008 when it was identified when I had the bleed. I was on watch and wait since 2008 until now and I had a good happy Life. Now it’s gone bigger and badder according to my annual scan last week and I’m absolutely terrified. Back to that feeling of absolute despair where the nights feel so long And lonely.  But I am glad I had all those years with it stable. Life went on. Stay strong. 

• Hi Hope1976

a warm welcome to the group.  So sorry to hear about what you are going through. 

I'll be honest, I've no knowledge of the coils you are referring to but this group is really supportive with the members all having different experiences. Hopefully someone with some personal experience will reach out soon.

My husband was diagnosed with a grade 4 tumour in Sept 2020 so I can empathise with the way life falls apart. It's been a roller coaster ride of emotions. This group has really supported me over the past 15 months so I hope too can draw some strength from it. 

It’s always good to talk so please remember that you can call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

Sending you a huge virtual hug. Stay strong. Stay positive.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm