Diagnosed Friday where do I start?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 33 subscribers

I was rushed into hospital early hours Friday morning,had a ct scan that revealed a mass,had mri yesterday to confirm tumour and having further ct Tuesday to see if it’s primary or secondary,how do I process this I’m in shock 

• Hi welcome to the forum. I'm so sorry you've had such a shocking experience. Try n take some deep breaths   and listen to some chilled out music/ read a book/ listen to an audiobook - anything to take your mind off things.

I had a secondary brain tumour in 2013 ( primary kidney cancer). I was lucky enough to have cyber knife treatment ( highly focussed radiotherapy) - 3 sessions of 20 mins each- at Mount Vernon. They also do it at UCH, London and Christie's Manchester, plus somewhere else like Sheffield n Newcastle  Don't know where you are in the country, but there's bound to b somewhere in your area.In other words, it doesn't necessarily -mean surgery.

Take care of yourself, Tues will come along soon enough.

Big hugs,Sue 

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to buttercup01

Thank you Sue for your kind words,you’re so right about the unknown and having previously had malignant melanoma I’m fearful,I’m north east,I don’t want to die I’ve too much to do snd just become a nana to a beautiful boy Blue heart

• Hi again  I was first diagnosed when my son was 10; n I was the breadwinner, so I know  a lttle of how you feel. He's now a strapping young man of 25. 

Btw, I'm pretty sure Newcastle does cyberknife

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
  • It looks as if it might be melanoma again? Melanoma responds quite well to pembrolizumab if I remember correctly. The only advice I have is speak to a lot of doctors, read up, go private and have consultations. Unless you are gravely ill and have not got time, because you said you were rushed in.