Secondary brain tumour

• 1 reply
  • 18 subscribers

Hi, my mum has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer . She has undergone an Appleby surgery. She is receiving chemotherapy. As she was complaining a headache, the hospital did MRI which showed a tumour. Because the history of pancreatic cancer, the doctors feel this is metastatic brain cancer.

is there any chance for this to be non-cancerous? I am looking for hope as my mum went through a difficult surgery and chemo. If she has a brain cancer after brutal treatment for pancreatic cancer, it will devastate all of us. 

• Hi  Emnet

a warm welcome to the community. So sorry to hear about your mum.

I wish I could give you a definitive answer to your question but sadly I can't. Your mum's medical team are the ones best placed to answer and advise if a biopsy is possible to allow them to confirm one way or another. 

There's a helpful link on the main website about secondary brain cancer that might help here

Secondary brain cancer | Macmillan Cancer Support

I'm sorry if this is not the answer you hoped this forum could give but we're volunteers with our own stories not medical professionals.

This is a safe and supportive space so please reach out here anytime There's always someone about to listen who gets it, someone to hold your hand and to offer a virtual hug when its needed. You're not alone. We've got you.

It’s always good to talk so please remember that you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

For now though I'm sending you a huge virtual hug and lots of strength

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm