Gamma knife treatment

• 3 replies
  • 18 subscribers

Has any one had gamma knife radiation treatment for grade 4 glioblastoma?

• HI CarerT

Gamma Knife Radiation is not one G was offered.  Sorry. I'm sure others in this group will be along shortly with their comments.

In general the treatment offered for Glioblastoma is oral chemo (TMZ) in combination with radiotherapy. The best people to advise on the most appropriate treatment plan are your partner's medical team so it is worth asking what options are available and are suitable. Not every tumour is suitable for every therapy.

sending love and light and hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• They have not offered any treatment, sent her home with nothing, which I think is cruel. She has completely given up because of this. So that is where I am paying for a consultation with a neurosurgeon from London. 

• Oh CarerT that is hard to process. I can wholly understand your need to get a second opinion for her. 

You can read the gist of our story in my bio. It takes time to process all that you've both been told. Be patient with her and be led by what she can cope with too at this point. Caring for someone with this diagnosis is a balancing act.

Please remember to take care of yourself here too. You need to take time to absorb all that's happened recently and to find a way to keep your batteries charged to put you in the best place to support her. 

Take care. Remember you're not alone. We're here for you both.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm