Treatment cycles

• 4 replies
  • 22 subscribers

I am currently on day 5 of treatment cycle 2. I am on actriple dosage of chemotherapy. Temozolamade 400mg.

5days on, 23 days break, per cycle. 6 to 12 cycles depending on how scans look after the 3rd cycle.

Anybody else having the same treatment? How are you finding it? The side effects are hitting me around day 10 after treatment, mostly just fatigue.  

• Hi  

I'm not a member of this forum but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I had this TMZ treatment cycle at the end of last year. Everyone has different reactions to their TMZ treatment, so I hope that other than fatigue, which is very common, there have been no other serious side effects for you. We received good advice from this site to take the tablets on an empty stomach before sleep. That was agreed with our consultant first, who agreed with the approach as long as we were consistent. We did that and it helped reduce the fatigue.

I hesitated in writing the next words as I don’t want to scare people. Everyone is different and this happened to me. I was preparing for cycle 5 of 6 and my blood tests  suddenly showed a very low platelet and white cell count. I was warned that if I fell ill or suffered bleeding, to go to A&E fast. That night I did fall ill ( coughing, shivering and having a temperature). At A&E they rapidly diagnosed after a further rapid  blood test - a chest infection and Neutropenic Sepsis. After a week in hospital I was released, free from the two infections with my blood counts improving. Fortunately in the weeks that followed my blood counts returned to normal. After that my consultant wanted to complete cycle 5 and 6 of TMZ, but with a lower every day dose , without breaks. That worked without subsequent problems.

i would repeat that everyone responds differently to treatment. I very much hope that you and others who read this get through with minimal side effects. 

1. Hi Chris, I had the same chemo yes fatigue and I often felt sick. Ginger tea helped me. For the fatigue I was told to have regular rests inbetween activites/chores.
  • I’ve blogged mine. Same story. TMZ didn’t do anything for me