I’m worried about my potential diagnosis

• 3 replies
  • 20 subscribers

Hello, 

I have been suffering with ear pain for 2 years now and recently my ENT doctor has referred me to a hospital to get an MRI scan because he believes i have an Acoustic Neuroma. Now after some research i am very thankful to find out that they are not cancerous and are not usually known to affect your brain too much. However, I am still worried if i am diagnosed with it. I have autism and it has caused me to build things up in my head and cause anxiety around these things. If anyone else has suffered from an acoustic neuroma, can you please share your experience so I can know more before I make any decisions. Thank you! 

• Hi ilikecars23

a warm welcome to the online community. Thanks for sharing your story.

Acoustic Neuroma are not something I have personal experience of but I am sure some of our other members will be along shortly to share their words of wisdom with you.

There is some information on the main body of the site that might support you here. I looked up the link for you Acoustic neuroma | Macmillan Cancer Support

This is a safe and supportive space so please reach out here anytime. There's always someone about to listen who gets it, someone to hold your hand and to offer a virtual hug when its needed. You're not alone. We've got you.

It’s always good to talk so please remember that you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

For now I'm sending you a huge virtual hug and lots of positive energy.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• I have recently been told I have one too after an MRI. I went deaf in one ear and am getting problems with my balance. Have you had an MRI yet?

• I have recently been told I have one too after an MRI. I went deaf in one ear and am getting problems with my balance. Have you had an MRI yet?