Brain Met caused by lung cancer

• 5 replies
  • 20 subscribers

Hiya.  My mum has had lung cancer for 2.5 years finished all her treatment in august - and cancer stable and shrunk -  then a couple weeks ago - mum was poorly - confirmed brain met, - she is starting full head of radiotherapy today - 5 sessions -  does anyone have any experience of this that can give me some advice or share there stories,  thank you Two hearts

• Hi  

I'm sorry to read that your mum has recently discovered that she has a brain met from her lung cancer.

I don't have the experience you're looking for but I noticed that your post hasn't had any replies yet. I can see that you're also a member of the lung cancer group so I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also post these questions there as you'll definitely find people there who have had brain mets. 

You might also like to join and post in the secondary brain cancer group and, if this is something that you'd like to do, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there.

Wishing you and your mum all the best.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hiya thank you for replying, I did post in the lung cancer group 2/3 weeks go, one person said something that they went through , but they did not have all over radiation to the brain,  it’s ok I understand how hard it is for people who are going through it might not what  to discuss , or might not want to tell me the worse things, x it’s ok xx

• Every experience I imagine will be different. I had week day sessions for 6 and 1/2 weeks.  33 sessions. I had a mask fitting so couldn’t wiggle my big head. The treatment was very quick each day. TSlight smilek longer to set it up. Took two minutes in the MRI. The staff I had were lovely but I could never remember their names. After that I started my chemo of temozolomide ( probably speaker that wrong ) Slight smilet again chemo or different treatments will follow. But the radio therapy didn’t affect me really. Tiredness an a bit of memory/confusion but I was like that before. I hope that help. You don’t feel Slight smileything at all. Plus a free mask at the end Slight smile and edited. Sorry I had a certain point in mine targeted so you hear a lot of coordinates. I hope all goes well

• Thank you for your reply- my mum has done 5 sessions of full Brain  radiotherapy -   She has one lesion 2 cm - but where it is can not operator and can not do focused radio therapy due to swelling - and not enough room in Brain (pons areas )  I’m not sure if i shound  even  be honest about how bad it is- it’s like she has Brain damage now like a stroke victim-  it’s very sad - she can’t move or anything /. I just hope that’s the swelling and she will get some movement bk in a few weeks I just don’t kno xxxx  I hope you are doing well xxxxx lots of love x 

• It really does sound like your mum is going through it hard. She is strong. And with your help and love you and yours can see her through these difficult times. Remember everyone here will always be here if you need to chat. The staff will be great, they know what they are doing and will be with you through everything as everyone here will be.

I’m as good as can be. I’ll just post on my profile with my journey. And I hope the both of your journeys will be as good as it can be, just being there for your mum is great and I’m sure she loves your support

kind wishes W J xxx