Kings hospital London Vs NHNN (UCL)

• 7 replies
  • 20 subscribers

Hi, my family member has a grade 3 Oligodendroglioma and has the choice of an operation at either Kings hospital London or NHNN (UCL) 

Anyone have any experience of either hospital that could help us to make the decision. 

thank you 

• Sorry Star36, I can't help here. We're north of the border but hopefully some of the other members of the community can share their experience here.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Kings hospital london is one of the best in the country I have been told as I’m going there myself. 

I hope that helps 

Claire 

• Hi Clare,

yes that does help, thank you x

• Your welcome and good luck x

• Thank you and good luck to you too x 

• I had awake craniotomy at Kings in February this year with the ‘pink drink’. The neurosurgeons were amazing. So kind and caring and easy to talk to. Included the family in all the discussions, especially my daughters, and kept them updated throughout. They instilled me with confidence that having brain surgery didn’t freak me out. 

I had a massive right frontal lobe tumour which was compressing on my brain stem so time was critical. They saved my life. The surgeon was confident that he removed all of the tumour but only time will tell if the subsequent radiotherapy and chemotherapy will keep it at bay. 

I hope that helps. I would be lying to say it hasn’t been difficult but you will find the strength to do what has to be done.

Good luck. 

x x

• Thank you for taking the time to reply. We have also decided to change to Kings as they have been so good and moving really quickly which is good. Looks like the operation will be in a couple of weeks.  But it is really good to hear from others that have been to kings also. 

thank you and all the best x x