What are the symptoms?

• 5 replies
  • 20 subscribers

Hi guys been having banging headaches been going on for some time now but now my symptoms are getting worse and I am experiencing blurred vision, twitching in my head, twitching in my neck and general all over body twitching feeling dizzy and as thought I am going to faint, weird sensations down my face and a feeling as though I am not controlling my own body, has anyone who’s been diagnose with a brain tumour/cancer experienced these symptoms? If not can people please explain how the feel and symptoms after being diagnose with brain tumour/cancer thanks.

• HI Jwhite23

a warm welcome to the online community.

I can appreciate your concerns and any weird/ odd symptoms can be scary until you get to the root cause of them. If you are concerned I'd consult your GP in the first instance. There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to symptoms. Things can present themselves in weird and wonderful ways. Everyone is unique.

This is a safe and supportive space. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to share their personal experiences but at the end of the day nothing beats a proper medical diagnosis. There is an Ask the Expert section of the community that you can reach out to or you can give the helpline a call. The number is below.

Please focus on the known facts and not the what ifs...and stay away from Dr Google. He's scary!

Sending you love and light and hugs. Hope you get to the root cause of things soon. Stay positive

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hello Jwhite23.

As Wee Me said everyone is different, every tumor is different & symptoms vary depending on a number of things including location. 

But the symptoms you described almost exactly match the symptoms my wife experienced from her frontal lobe brain tumor. Her "funny episodes" were classed as a type of seizure, a form of epilepsy.

Initially the hospital shrugged it off, but they went from a one-off to several a day within the space of a week or 2, only then did they take it seriously, suggesting a stroke at first but after doing CAT & MRI scans found the tumor. 

My Wife has been prescribed anti-epilepsy medication which has stopped them completely & her tumour has now been removed. 

Be very careful with things such as stairs & driving, my wife had to surrender her driving license & be shadowed up/down stairs until they were under control. 

Your symptoms may be caused by something completely  different but I would urgently get it looked into & avoid driving for now. 

Hope this helps & hope you have a positive outcome. 

JW

• I was diagnosed with my brain tumour back in April and in the weeks and months leading up to being diagnosed I experienced several symptoms.

Strangely enough, headaches were never one of them, usually it'd start with a stinging sensation in one nostril, then a burning smell - like something was on fire, then I'd go dizzy and have blurred vision - the dizziness would last around 20-30 secs, then I'd feel the need to go to the toilet (the less said about this bit the better) then I'd suddenly start hearing my own racing heartbeat in my head (this is called Pulmonary Tinnitus I believe), was terrified of going to sleep through fear of having a heart attack after dozing off but I'd get so tired I'd eventually fall asleep and wake up the next morning feeling fine until the next time I had an episode.

Eventually one night I dozed off and had a seizure in my sleep then a few hours later had a grand mal seizure in hospital.

I realise this is an old thread btw but a lot of people think headaches are always a symptom of brain tumours - (I used to be one them largely to having watched the film 'The Green Mile') but it's not always the case, just thought I'd share my experience.

Hope you're well and whatever it is you are experiencing turns out to be nothing.

• I had a similar experience to Nobber1985, no headaches at all. One of the systems I had but never linked them was, TMJ (jaw misaligned) and short term memory issues. But as others have said, brain tumour symptoms are very different between individuals. Some do experience headaches and no memory loss, etc.

I hope everything works out for you, keep us updated.

A.

• I agree sytoms can vary between each case. Incidentally this is my fist contribution having just joined if I may I'd like some insight into scans. If scans are negative is it always the case or can they get it wrong sometimes. In my own case I've had a number of mri and ct scans with contrast all have been negative yet I have had persistant symtoms for several months.

These have been mainly pressure to my head and problems with balance and dizziness. 

I would greatly appreciate any help or advice the group could provide.

Thank you.