Treatment

• 2 replies
  • 20 subscribers

I am due to start my Chemo therapy tomorrow and I am really nervous could someone please give me some advice

• HI

a warm welcome to the community. Nerves are understandable. 

It was oral chemo that my husband had but his CNS talked him through everything and answered all his questions so I'm sure they'll take good care of you tomorrow.

This group is a great source of support so no doubt someone will be along shortly with their words of wisdom and reassurance.

It’s always good to talk so remember you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

Stay positive. Stay calm. Stay strong.

Sending you a huge virtual hug.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi

My husband is on his 4th week of chemo. Hes doing radiotherapy at the same time. The first week he was advised to just take the anti sickness for 3 days and see how he got on without but he couldn’t keep anything down and soon as he was back on the anti sickness he was fine. He takes his chemo an hr before his radiotherapy. The only thing he’s complained about is having an odd taste in his mouth but not sure if that’s the chemo or radiotherapy. 
    If you have any questions I’m sure he could answer them for you. 

Hope all goes well for you. 
    x