Devasted and anxious

• 3 replies
  • 17 subscribers

Hi I've recently been diagnosed with primary renal cell carcinoma with pulmonary and brain mets, its just so emotional and overwhelming. My wife is bearing up well but I worry so much for her. The uncertainty about the future is crippling me

• HI Dave59

welcome to the online community. Sorry to hear about your diagnosis and the uncertainty is totally understandable. Those first few weeks are overwhelming for all involved .

My husband was diagnosed with a grade 4 brain tumour in Sept 2020. The diagnosis came out of the blue so I can empathise with the emotions you and your wife are going through. I think I went through emotions I didn't know existed.

This community has been a great support to me over the past year. You might also find some kindred spirits in the  Kidney cancer forum - Macmillan Online Community

If you think your wife would reach out or be interested in this inline community she might want to join the Carers only forum - Macmillan Online Community. It was one of the first I joined and its been really supportive as I go through this journey with my husband. I just love that you're worrying about her and how she's coping. That warms my heart.

Please remember Macmillan Support Services are here for both of you and  offer lots of information, support, financial guidance or just someone to listen. It’s free to call 0808 808 0000. Most services are available 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look by Clicking here to see what is available.

If you have any specific medical/technical questions we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two to three working days for replies from our expert team

Whichever group you engage with both of you can be sure of a warm welcome, a circle of folk who "get it" (Friends and family are great but unless they've gone through this journey they don't really get it.) and there's always virtual hugs available too.

Getting your head round all the information and scary words that will have been flying around takes time. Be patient with yourself. Together you'll get through this.

Stay positive. Stay strong. Sending you both a huge hug

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi. Wee Me

Thank you so much for reaching out. 

Im just trying to find some kindred spirits who have embarked on the journey I must take. 

Information from someone in the same situation is invaluable, I hope that I can make such a connect.

Once again many thanks Thumbsup

Dave59

• Hi Dave 

I'm not sure what you diagnosis is as it's always put in formats which are more technical terms. I've just been diagnosed with glioblastoma multiforme. So your not alone on this journey and happy to reach out and chat if you feel the need too. 

A bit about me. I'm 37 with a 27month old baby boy. It's so upsetting to know I won't be able to watch him grow up to be an adult but my partner is amazing and we are making the most of every given day 

Vicki Driver