Any tips for exhaustion please!

• 2 replies
  • 22 subscribers

Hello there everyone! I’m new here

My name is Leah and I have a grade 3 anapalastic astrocytoma brain tumour. I had surgery May and I’m currently having radiotherapy 5 days a week, I’m on week 3 of 6 1/2, then I will have a year of chemo. 

If anyone has any tips on how to deal with the exhaustion I would appreciate it so much. 

thanks, Leah

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to read that you're feeling exhausted and, although I haven't suffered from this, I think that it can be a very common problem for people with cancer.

I don't know whether you have already seen this information from Macmillan on cancer-related fatigue but it does give information on how to manage it which you might find helpful.

When you feel up to it, it would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

1. Eat a full protein diet or as advised by your doctor
    2. Try to get minimum of 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep everyday
    3. For my case, since I am going through both chemotherapy and radiotherapy simultaneously, oncology team has covered me up on body boost medicines like megasty, it keeps the exhaustion low. Consult your doctor team first though.