Glioblastoma 4 - molecular testing - has anyone used this?

• 1 reply
  • 19 subscribers

Hi,

my partner has recently been diagnosed with glioblastoma stage 4 unfortunately :(. Surgery went really well and they removed the majority and now we are awaiting his treatment which will start next week. 

our private oncologist had suggested looking into molecular testing which we have however now we have been told the testing isn’t covered from our health insurance at this stage and is only explored later down the line when standard treatments have not worked and we will have to self fund if we want this testing done. 

I was curious to see if anyone else has with the same type of cancer has used this route and if it was beneficial ? or if we would be better to wait or get done ASAP ? 

Any help or thoughts would be gratefully appreciated- thanks xxx 

• Hi and a warm welcome to the online community

I'm very sorry to read that your partner has recently been diagnosed with a glioblastoma and it's natural to want to explore all avenues of testing and treatments.

I don't have the experience you're looking for but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies. You might also like to join and post in the glioblastoma multiforme brain tumour group to see if any of the members there have had molecular testing. If this is something you'd like to do clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there where you can join and post in the same way as you did here.

It would be great if you could pop something about your partner's journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"