Loss of appetite

• 3 replies
  • 20 subscribers

My husband was diagnosed with an aggressive brain tumour last June. 
he’s on the high dose chemotherapy tablets, which he’s at the point he just cannot face food at all.

im so worried about him, has anyone any tips to encourage him to eat something?

we’ve taken the little & often approach, but that’s not working now. 
a y help much appreciated 

marilyn

• Hi, sorry to hear about your husband, I’m caring for my mother who was diagnosed stage 4 Glioblastomona Multiforme. I bought a Nutri blend as I read that loss of appetite might occur and to try protein shakes , I put spinach , cucumber and watermelon with coconut milk and vanilla whey protein in , mum likes it because she can’t taste the spinach it tastes like vanilla ice cream, you can put anything in a nitro blend and it comes out as a healthy milk shake. Not sure if it will help but sometimes liquids are more palatable, and at least I know she’s getting protein which helps. Sorry if you think this is crazy, but it works for her . I wish you and husband all the best, just don’t let him give up, keep fighting xxx

• Thank you so much, I’ll give that a go. I have a vitamix that will do the same thing. I’ll experiment with different fruit & veg mixes & add protein shakes. 
    that’s very helpful.

• I don't have an appetite at all and as I live alone I  forget to eat My daughter makes me a high calorie smoothy using double cream, good quality vanilla ice cream, manuka honey and frozen/fresh fruit. My favourite is frozen summer fruits.