Hair Loss from Radiotgerapy

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 18 subscribers

Hi all

Hope everyone is doing ok. I finished my 33 sessions of radiotherapy a week ago last Thursday. My hair is still falling out. Has anyone had this and knows roughly when it will stop? 

also any tips on products that help the scalp recover and hair grow back ASAP? Never realised how hair was so Lucy a big part of me feeling like me! 

any advice/ help appreciated as always. 

take care all. 

xx

• Hi Twinkle20 welcome to the forum and so sorry to hear about the issue that you are having. Do you have a regular hairdresser that you can chat to about this as I had something similar though not any hair loss per sae but very fine and lifeless looking hair. My Hairdresser said that she has seen this before with Radiotherapy and it takes time for the hair to get back to normal same as every other part of our bodies after this treatment. Hence why I am wondering if you could have a chat with them as they deal with this all the time as you have said your self our hair is very much a part of us and us feeling like us. What kind of shampoo you are using as well will make a difference My hairdresser suggested me using baby shampoo a sit has no additives and is very gentle on your scalp but not sure if this would work for you. 

Hope that you manage to get something sorted out for you. xx

gail

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to GRANNY59

Thanks for your reply Gail. I have been speaking to my hairdresser actually. She’s been amazing and really helpful. Not much I can do right now  just guna have to keep my chin up and keep going. I stopped using baby shampoo as it made my hair knotty and feel even worse so I’m using one that’s supposed to help prevent hair loss and promote growth but not happening so far!