Wanting to say hello, diagnosis of bowel cancer this year, struggling with 'what next'?...

• 4 replies
  • 176 subscribers

I am fairly 'young' but struggling with 'life (hopefully)after cancer'. This week has been tough, as my prognosis has troubled me & it was recommended by my oncology nurse when had a meltdown of sorts, to visit this resource, so here I am!

• Hi Bamo

Depends on staging and treatment plan....I had colorectal cancer diagnosis in 2017, anterior resection to remove tumour....luckily no chemo...given the all clear in 2022.

Try to stay off Google....only causes unnecessary worry.

Take care

Peter

• Hi Peter,  thx for the reply. Is my post coming up clearly as my end it's not & was a saga!.? I was diagnosed with stage 3 BC and 3 out of 18 lymph nodes positive for cancer. Due to LN involvement I had to have chemo for 3 months after right hemicolectomy removed full tumour. My 'margins' were clear  so had not spread to other organs ,apparently liver usually next, 'just' lymph nodes . They call it 'adjunct chemotherapy ' or " belt and baces" to mop up any more cancer cells. I've got 'extra mural lymphatic invasion ' & this is what terrifies me currently,  for the future, though currently cancer free. TOTALLY agree re swerving Google as hard as it is, I just feel due to hideous chemo fog effects I haven't absorbed fully what I've been informed by surgical/ gastroenterologist team! And while I'm lucky right now, I'm so fearful of the future as told if going to come back will be in next 4 years while their monitoring me closely. Just doesn't feel closely enough as was missed for so long & did spread , it could again between tests is my fear..

• Hi  

I've asked one of the Macmillan team to fix the formatting for you, so don’t worry-it will be sorted soon.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thx so much Sarah  looks like it's sorted now but was driving me bonkers as so pleased to find this forum & wouldn't post correctly! Thanks again x