Mums Diagnosis

• 1 reply
  • 176 subscribers

Hi, i’m new to this so i’m not sure how to go about it. 

my mum was diagnosed with stage 3 bowel cancer late last year and had a colostomy operation and chemo 

we are anxiously waiting for new treatment as we’ve been given the heads up her cancer may not be cure able

I’m coming on here as i find it hard to talk to people because i don’t even know how i feel  im angry upset confused and it all feels surreal.

coming here hoping for support of others who understand x 

• Hi  and a warm welcome to the board. Has the cancer returned then? Stage 3 normally means that there are lymph nodes affected but no spread to other organs? 

There’s lots of support on here from people going through treatment, after treatment and those who are supporting others. Cancer throws up a lot of different emotions and there’s no right or sting way to feel. The support desk is available for a chat on the number below if you want to talk to someone in person and there’s also a Carers forum

Carers only forum 

It’s also important to look after yourself too so you’re in a good place to help your mum. Cancer can become all consuming so try and get away for a walk or meet friends for coffee.

Im glad you’ve found us here and please keep posting - sometimes people who are going through the same thing are the ones who really understand how you feel

Take care

Karen x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm