Appendix cancer

• 3 replies
  • 175 subscribers

Hi I’m new here 

After having my appendix rupture i was told they found cancer on it which was removed with it, they are now concerned that it may have spread elsewhere when ruptured, i am having a ct scan and a colonoscopy this week and i have also been told i will have to have part of my colon removed in Basingstoke, all rather overwhelming as didn’t know until 6 weeks after surgery!

• Hi  

Welcome to the forum . So sorry to hear of your recent surgery . 
    It is such a shock to find out through pathology that you have cancer or had in your case and here’s to it staying in the past tense .

It is very routine to get thoroughly check out to be sure but they are also inclined to have a good look around during surgery too so hoping it’s all taken care of for you . Did you have a Ct scan prior to surgery ? 

One thing for sure after a cancer diagnosis you get the gold standard in scanning but it comes with anxiety often and we are here to support you through that .

Take care. 

Court 

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Thankyou, yes i had 2 ct scans before my operation they didn’t see the cancer then, i have another ct scan and a colonoscopy this week, so fingers crossed all is well xx

• That’s reassuring you have had Ct scans . 
    Hoping for great news for you from the scans and investigations.

Take care ,

Court 

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000