Lung nodule 7mm

• 2 replies
  • 176 subscribers

My dad had colan cancer last year and now has a stoma bag  He was told he had a lung nodule last year that was 3mm it's now 7mm.

His consultant sent him for a pet scan over 2 weeks ago and told us we will get the results today if its cancer after contacting him today he said he's waiting for a mdt opinion what does this mean is it cancer? My dad has also got an appointment for thoratic medicine today he's never suffered breathing problems. Can anyone give me some advice please I'm so worried 

• Hi  

My mum had similar in that she had a small nodule that ended up around 7/8 mm . A pet scan showed uptake and she did consult a thoracic surgeon . He was quite adamant that until it went to pathology no one would know what it was . She had keyhole surgery . Two days in hospital . A significantly easier surgery for her than the bowel . Fully recovered two weeks later. That was in 2016 and she remained clear for six years after that . It was a small tumour but thanks to good scanning it was removed before it became a problem .

I felt scared too but out of all she had it was by far the easiest .

Send your dad our love and  hopefully it’s nothing . My mum also had non cancer ones .

Take care ,

Court 

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Hi thanks for the reply just really worried as we know nothing else yet but that has made me feel a bit better