Bowel cancer

• 1 reply
  • 176 subscribers

Not sure where to begin really but to introduce myself first. Iam Renaline just joined MacMillan and finding my way around the site. 

Diagnosed with bowel cancer April after completing stool sample via post.  To say this was a great shock was un understatement as I had No symptoms at all. 
think Iam still assimilating what had happened. 

Had a right Hemicolonectomy ( not sure spelling), on 15th May in Hospital for 16 days after surgery as complications. Now recovering at home still in pain! 

Is there anyone else who has had the same problem operation I can chat to please. 

Many thanks

Renaline  

• Hi  and a warm welcome to the board. I’m sorry to hear that you’re still in pain. Have you rung your colorectal support nurse or have a follow up appointment with your consultant? You could also ring the support desk on here and ask to speak to a nurse. 
    Ive tried to tag RAC who I know had a right hemicolectomy but I don’t seem able to? If you type hemicolectomy in the search box at the top of the page then it will bring up previous posts (I think your original spelling wasn’t quite right). I think @Marianne26 has a left hemicolectomy so may be able to help too.

Take care

Karen x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm