Good morning!

• 3 replies
  • 161 subscribers

I was diagnosed with bowel cancer two months ago. A bit of a shock and I’m unsure if I have come to terms with it yet. Also feeling for my lovely wife who as a carer has to bear the burden. Surgery and a long and difficult hospitalisation (still giving me nightmares!). Off with my wife this morning to see the oncologist and discover what he has in store for me. Still exploring what support we can get, and offer to others of course.

• Welcome . So glad you joined in .

I will leave others to address the actually hospital aspect as I am sure others can relate . 
    However Macmillan has teamed up with Bupa to offer 6 free counselling sessions . If you think this is appropriate for you our helpline staff can give you the information on 0808 808 0000.

Lots of support on this forum too . Reducing the sense of isolation this diagnosis can bring and connecting with people who can guide you through by what they have learnt can be very powerful .

Our helpline staff can perhaps point you in the direction of local support if that interests you too .

Take care ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Many thanks for your reply. I will explore the Bupa link.

• No problem at all and hope the oncologist appointment goes well .

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000