3cm suspected malignant tumor

• 199 replies
  • 170 subscribers

After the colonoscopy which was done friday .7.01.22 i was informed by the nurse that there is a 3cm suspected malignant tumor in my rectum. I was so devastated and tears just flowed from my eyes. I was told that a tissue sample was taken and will be send for biopsy. Tuesday 11 december i had my mri pelvis. I am so worried and unable to sleep since friday . Is a 3cm malignant tumour bad? Or has it spread or is it aggressive?please do reply if anybody  here has had a 3cm tumor. Many thanks and regards to all. Godbless

• Yes. It’s the anxiety and stress.
    Lack of rest and sleep. It’s really hard going. I’m sorry you’re going through this

Ann
     ‍Art

• Hi,

You’ll have heard all the support from everyone else but just wanted to add mine too. 

I was diagnosed with a 5.5cm high rectal tumour in October last year about 15cm up. So I’m a few months, 2.5cm and 14cm ahead of you! Luckily I had no spread anywhere else or to any surrounding tissue. I remember how unsettling the period you are in now was. But I’d echo what everyone else says. This is the worst bit of the rollercoaster. Once you know what the treatment plan is everything gets easier. BC is notoriously slow developing and has a lot of treatment options. 

whatever the news for you, you’ll find great medical support on NHS and grey personal support here. There are so many knowledgeable and kind people. Just ask for what you need. 

martin 

ps. Replying to you live from the chemo suite!!

• Hi martin thank you for sharing your experience.  I find it inspiring

• If it helps I have a blog of my cancer journey at www.ohwellhereweare.com it’s nothing special but writing helps me process my emotions. You’ll find loads of similar blogs out there. 

• Hi Wil66

How are you today? 

Ann
     ‍Art

• Hi artsie thank you for asking its really a good feeling having somebody i personaly do not know asking how i am today. I had slept like 9 hours and woke up feeling a bit better. 

• Well done. Getting a good night’s sleep can be tough so count that as your first victory on the journey. 

• Wow. That’s a really good sleep.  
    I think it comforts us to know we are not alone. I have found this community really supportive through my trials and tribulations. Rather than overthinking, getting anxious or stressed we can share it and someone’s been through it. 
    keep sharing 

Ann
     ‍Art

• Hi everyone, i had lost 3.5kgs in one week since knowing i have malignant tumor..is it normal to lost weight in just a week?

• I was bloated and my tummy was swollen. Then I lost quite a bit it seemed to be a couple pounds a day.Think it’s stress.

Anxiety can cause weight loss

When I had my op I lost a stone really quickly I haven’t put it back on. 

To be honest I needed to lose some weight 

Ann
     ‍Art