Rectal cancer

• 27 replies
  • 168 subscribers

Hi new to this group and wondered how people cope with the emotional roller coaster I am currently riding. Had a colostomy bag fitted Monday and learning to change this independently which is going well I think.....

Read up on all the physical aspects of a colostomy and thought I was prepared for the days after.... How wrong I was.... Be good to hear from others experiences and how they coped.

• Hi Roblfc,

Pleased to hear you’re home now – nothing like your own fresh bed after a shower.  Hope you have a really good sleep tonight and wake refreshed.  Best wishes for the results tomorrow and let us know the treatment plan once you know.

Sleep tight.

Net77x

• Glad you are home, hope you get a good nights sleep tonight x

• Good evening everyone and a big welcome to Lozberry to what is fast becoming my daily therapeutic diary/blog. So saw the oncologist today and they going with 9 eeks aggressive chemotherapy on the rectal cancer aGrinnd await the results of liver scan and PET scan but if anything is found I'm already ahead of it. More relaxed now I know what to expect. Thank you for all your wishes and kind words mwah

Rob x

• So it’s 9 eeks @ Roblfc? Is that a typo or intentional Joy x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm
  • Either one Karen062 lol but a typo nonetheless.

Rob x

•  Evening Rob - glad to hear you're home, just got back myself after a shorter absence from home than yours.  Not the best performance,  but I'll take 2-0 against Atletico any day.

Really hope the next few weeks are better than recent ones.  Sleep well at home and always remember if you're a red you 'never walk alone.'

YNWA 

Mike

• Good morning everyone. Been a lazy and crazy few days all in one here. Stwhitm apologies for not replying looks like u have a good seat in the anfield house ThumbsupGrinThumbsup. Slept lots at random times of the day but after 9 days of blood pressure tests blood tests and a noisy ward I expected that. Fell in love with a nurse who took my bloods in the oncology department so hope I see her again haha . Chemotherapy begins 22/11/21 for 9 weeks then they will scan to see its progress. Hoping for a win later Stwhitm with Chelsea dropping points yesterday. Hope you are all well and enjoying this fresh Sunday morning.

Rob