Newbie!!

• 6 replies
  • 162 subscribers

Hi all, 

Not sure exactly how all this works

• Welcome to the forum  , glad you joined in the chat !

Feel free to post how cancer is affecting your life or a relative/friends life .

Ask anything you like and you will get support from others who understand!

Or you are welcome just to read ! Many people actually do that too !

We have a lot of information leaflets we can signpost you to or just offer some understanding and encouragement!

Take care ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Hi  and a warm welcome from me too. Blue WKD takes me back a bit - seem to remember a nice drink called a cheeky vimto which was WKD and port? Anyway hope you’re recovering well from the radiotherapy then is it scans and surgery?

Take care

Karen x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm
  • Hi kareno62,  thank you. You can still get cheeky vimto, lol. 

I am recoving well. Yes, Ct scan and mri booked for 13/10. Fingers crossed the tumour has shrunk, Then surgery.

How are you?I

Take care

BlueWKD

• Morning . I’m good thanks - approaching my 5 year anniversary in November (fingers crossed) when I think I’ll have a final scan and that’ll be it. Had a colonoscopy in July which was clear so looking pretty good. I went through my treatment online with 2 ladies off the bowel cancer uk board and they’re both still cancer free so maybe we’ll get together for a cheeky vimto to celebrate!

Karen x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm
  • Good evening kareno62

Oh that will be brilliant, my fingers are crossed for you!! Would seem fitting to go out for one of a few lol

I'm trying to get an appointment with my gp, as I think the menopause is kicking in. I was told this would happen. I'm getting hot flushes, especially at night lol keep waking up

Take care 

BlueWKD x