Hello. Possible BC?

• 1 reply
  • 161 subscribers

Hi. I started my journey here earlier this year when I was undergoing tests for possible Uterine or Ovarian Cancer. Thankfully all my tests apart from my CA125 was normal. However when they did a pelvic MRI to investigate further they found something wrong with my bowel so I was put back into the 2WW Cancer Pathway. 

The MRI located prominence in the ileocecal junction with some focal debris within the caecum 

I had a telephone consultation with a Corectal surgeon on April 1st. Who felt along with my symptoms (prolonged periods of diahoee, Severe Stomach bloating, Pain, change in bowel habits to more constipated with flat stools. Weight loss, fatigue) that together with my age (42) It sounded more like Crohns Disease than Cancer and scheduled me for a non urgent colonoscopy. However I then got a call saying they had decided to put me forward for one urgently. I went on Sunday, but they refused to do the procedure as my heart rate was too high, so now I am scheduled for this Sunday. 

Has anyone had similar findings on MRI? 

• Hi 

Glad you had some good news but still trying to find out about what’s causing your issues .

Just want to wish you all the best for Sunday . They are being very thorough with you but I guess it’s clinically good practice. 

Hopefully someone else with some insight will be around to pop on . 
    Take care ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000