Time to say Goodbye!

• 44 replies
  • 156 subscribers

It is with a heart full of sadness that I have to share my mum passed yesterday . 15 years to the week she got a letter through the post to say she had a positive bowel screen . 
Other health issues surfaced and it was not cancer in the end .

Mum was pretty unique from the word go as she genuinely never thought of cancer in her body despite living as a stage 4 patient for 15 years .She felt at peace throughout . 

Her trusted GP who has been there encouraging us from the start visited yesterday and said it’s time girls . And what a better way to go at home with her daughters . My cousin and sister are both nurses and stayed to the end . I went to pieces as goodbyes are just ever so hard but I was with her most days and now have to learn to do her legacy justice . 

She had a story to tell . That you can still live a good life despite a difficult diagnosis and an uncertain future . At the very start she caught the attention of her oncologist and said she would be completely compliant with all advice given but her number of days were not in his hands . Turns out she was right .

She was an incredibly loving and generous person and deeply stubborn.

I will be stepping back from the CC role but happy to stay in the background and encourage any stage four patient finding their feet with a difficult diagnosis. 

I would also like to pay tribute to  . She steps up so many times for this forum .

I wish you all successful treatments and many many happy days with your families as that’s what it is all about .

Much love to all  

Court 

• Hi ,

Just a short note to say I'm so terribly sorry for your loss.  Thanks for all the help you have given people on this group over time. 

Take care of yourself and your sisters.

Sending good wishes your way.

Cerysm

• So sorry to read this  Your mum was truly inspirational and showed such strength and resilience during her cancer treatment and yet still lived a happy life surrounded by her much loved family. 
    Im glad you were able to bring her home to where she belonged for her last few hours.

Thinking of you my friend - there will be some very emotional days ahead but I know you share your mums strength of character and will draw on that to get through them and support your family through this too.

Take care

Karen x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm
  • Oh   I am so sorry to read this. Mum sounded like a remarkable, strong and very much loved lady. A bit like her daughter!

Sincere condolences to you and your family and special thanks to you for all the contributions to the forum. We all appreciate it so much.

Take care xx

• I’m so very sorry to hear this Court.

Your posts have shown what a central role your Mum (& Dad) played in your family’s life and what a special person she was and what an amazing daughter you are. You and your Mum have been such an inspiration to me since I joined this forum. You were always on hand offering sensible and encouraging advice, even when you had difficult things going on your life,

Your Mum decided to live a good life despite a difficult diagnosis and with you on hand helping to fight her corner, she did this. You’ll have made many happy, special memories together.

Think of you and sending lots of love.

Look after yourself.

Net77 X

• Morning sorry to read this today Court you have been a great help to everyone on here including myself your Mum was amazing to fight for 15 years We send your family lots of love at this sad time we will miss you xx

• Sorry to read this today.your Mum sounded like a very special lady.I , like others have always appreciated your advice and kind words.so thank you.

Kath

• Hi Court. I was so sorry to read your post, may your mum rest in peace. I have always found your posts to be so inspirational and full of such positivity and hope. What a battler your mum was. Sending love and hugs to you and your family xx

• So sorry to hear this . Your mum was an inspiration to us all. You have been too, and the help you have given has been very much appreciated. Sending hugs and love to all of you.

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

•   

Thank you for being so incredible to so many.

Your mum sounded awesome and the images of her ditching her own unwellness to be Mrs Claus to others around the hospital was one of my favorite stories. What a wonderful spirit + legacy that you've been selflessly been honouring for years already.

I hope you find holding loved ones close at this tough time helps heal just part of gap.

Sending you limitless hugs for the weeks ahead.

• Hi 

Sorry to hear about your mum. Glad you have so many good memories of your time with her.