Another update

• 12 replies
  • 137 subscribers

Hello!!!

hope you all are keeping well, I haven’t posted on here for so long - being a mum of 3 year old and 8 months old along with a teenager takes up all my time now!

thought I’d share my husband’s journey, from December 2020 since he got diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer. Had an appt yesterday and no evidence of re-occurrence or mets! Happy news! Has been NED since July 2021. Time to book another holiday! 

still in disbelief that this December coming up will be 4 years since diagnosed and 3 years NED this July! Felt so quick!

hubby is doing really well!!! Sometimes I do forget that he had cancer cos he looks so well, working full time and we as a family living life to max! as we are taking each day as it comes and enjoy it while we can :) 

Want to share with you all that there is hope and positivity as it can happen! 

much love

twinkles

• Thank you for sharing your story and I’m glad your husband is doing so well. As you say, it really helps to read others positive stories. 

• Thank you for sharing your story, I’m glad your husband is still NED, it’s good to read positive news. My first CT and scope should be around May and I hope to be given the same news following my current chemotherapy.

Much love

Rachael 

• Oh this is just wonderful and I love that you are just plain too busy with normal living to come on here . That’s a success in itself .

You have come a long way as a family since you first arrived on these boards and I could not be happier for you .

Enjoy .

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Thank you. Can I ask, what brings you on here? 

• Thank you court. Yeah you’re right - I was reading my old posts, I can tell my mindset is different now from when I first joined on here (got a bit emotional whilst reading it, still don’t know how Blushgot the strength to continue but I’m in a good place with hubby Blush)..! Just don’t know how fast 4 years has just whizzed past! I’m hoping this will continue for a very long time coming!! 

Hope all is well at your end and your mum is keeping well too.

twinkles 

• Thank you Rachael, it was a long journey for us all,,, my mindset is different now from when I first joined on here for my hubby.

what is your diagnosis? Keeping positive for you. How are you getting on with your chemotherapy?  x

• Admitted to hospital with appendicitis. CT showed an 8 by 10cm tumour. I had an emergency hemicolectomy in November. 

Diagnosis - poorly differentiated adenocarcinoma with signet cells and focal mucinous change arising from within the caecum. MSI high. Staging- T3, L1,V1, N1b, G3. Referral to genetics. 

I'm currently on my second round of CAPOX as adjuvant chemotherapy and feel sick at times. I’m dreading my first scope as the rest of my bowel hasn’t been checked yet (I do not have a date yet). x 

• I read the other day- just came up on my newsfeed and I stupidly didn't save it- an article from an oncologist saying that a lot of stage 4 cancers are now moving towards being considered "chronic"- rather than a terminal disease- a bit like diabetes or HIV. Obviously, not for everyone, but it's a huge step in the right direction! Book those holidays and have a brilliant time, bon voyage! 

• that's how I try and look at my husband diagnosis, incurable but treatable just like diabetes., keeps me positive

•   and   that’s been our position for the last 14 years and it’s helped a lot !! 
    So good to hear that been spoken more freely about now .

The stage four stats have actually more than double in terms of survival for bowel cancer since my mum started out . And I do believe with things like immunotherapy now part of the treatment plan we are going to see improvements in the next five years .

We are slowly pushing forward !

One factor that has helped my mum is her ability to bounce back and take some more . And I don’t say that lightly .

Court  

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000