Another update

• 12 replies
  • 135 subscribers

Hello!!!

hope you all are keeping well, I haven’t posted on here for so long - being a mum of 3 year old and 8 months old along with a teenager takes up all my time now!

thought I’d share my husband’s journey, from December 2020 since he got diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer. Had an appt yesterday and no evidence of re-occurrence or mets! Happy news! Has been NED since July 2021. Time to book another holiday! 

still in disbelief that this December coming up will be 4 years since diagnosed and 3 years NED this July! Felt so quick!

hubby is doing really well!!! Sometimes I do forget that he had cancer cos he looks so well, working full time and we as a family living life to max! as we are taking each day as it comes and enjoy it while we can :) 

Want to share with you all that there is hope and positivity as it can happen! 

much love

twinkles

• Hello Rac,

Just spotted yours of 13 days ago. Your case sounds very similar to mine. I was diagnosed early 23, surgery in April 23 (caecum and quite a number of nodes removed), then Capox. The Capox was at much reduced dosages because I had a DPD deficiency (most important to be tested for DPD).My Capox treatment was also cut short because I was suffering from an intense form of cold feet and lower legs syndrome (neuropathy I guess). Fortunately a CT Scan showed that I was OK to stop the Capox treatment in Oct 23. I am nearly 80 and reasonably fit. Another check CT Scan due in April.

If I understand correctly, you are having Capox before surgery?  Have you not had any scans ?  I only experienced mild nausea occasionally and found that the prescribed anti-nausea pillls taken when you feel slight nausea coming on, did help. 

Hopefully this message will reach you.All the best.

Anbou.

• Hi Anbou,

I’m having CAPOX post surgery. I had appendicitis in November 23 where they found the tumour during CT. You can read my full story by clicking on my name. 

Rachael