Posterior extenteration surgery update

• 23 replies
  • 133 subscribers

Hi all, 

Hope everyone is as well as they can be.  

I had my fitness test a couple of weeks ago, all good and i am low risk, iron was low so had an iron infusion, feel heaps better, didn't realise how tired I was!

Surgeon called today and I'm booked in for surgery Thursday next week!!  Not long for someone like me who likes to be super organised!  Timing not great at the start of the summer holidays but I'm so grateful that they have agreed to operate.  

My coccyx lit up on the PET scan so they are also going to  remove it and the lesion on the liver is marginally more conspicuous but still very small and will need to be investigated after this surgery.  So, all in all, feel incredibly lucky.  It's a long road ahead but I'm looking forward to cracking on with it!

Best wishes all,

Michelle

• I felt the same Michelle, and couldn’t wait to get home. I wasn’t able to take a shower alone at the stage you’re at so I think you’re doing amazingly well! I needed help and sometimes couldn’t manage at all so had bed baths-I felt about 100! Joy

But then I would have my special daily treat of a Rowntrees Fruit Pastille ice lolly and felt like a kid again. Joy

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Well, I've just unpacked my bag and that's enough for now so back to bed for a bit!

Funny you should say that, they brought those fruit pastille lollies round in the hospital on the hot afternoons, really enjoyed that!  I'm looking forward to an ice coffee later and maybe some cake!!xx

• So , so pleased to read your home .

It must have been so difficult for you being separated from your kids and I am sure it was beautiful to see them again . 
    Glad to hear your taking your time and listening to your body’s needs . 
    You also have an incredible husband .

Take extra special care and I will look forward to hearing how you are getting on ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000