Recent Colongraphy

• 4 replies
  • 99 subscribers

Doing my best not to Google anything. Last year had a recent feel of heaviness in the rectum, like it had dropped a bit. I have had diagnosis of diverticulitis about 8 years ago . Just recently had two diverticula’s flare ups one after the other with a weeks break and  anti biotic prescribed twice. Blood found in stool, platelets showing infection in blood tests. Fast track 2 week referral for cancer checks. Colonoscopy failed because of blockage and pain was unbearable , even under sedation and recent colongraphy carried out and the gas they use to inflate my bowel would not go in because of blockage, so test aborted.  Has this happened to anybody else ?  

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

It sounds like you've been through a lot recently and still no where closer to finding out what's going on.

I'm not a member of this forum but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

I hope you get some answers from your medical team soon.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi  and a warm welcome to the board. I can’t recall having read of anything similar if I’m honest. Has the hospital told you what the next steps will be? 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm
  • No, I’m still waiting for a call . They said between 1and 2 weeks . Just seems really strange as I’ve now had a look at google and cannot find this problem anywhere . I’ll just wait and see what they’re going to do next 

• Hi Kybowe,   I had a Colonography on Friday and no gas was used as I have impaired mobility.  I was told the gas was preferable but not essential for a Colonography.  I don’t know if that helps any.  Good luck with whatever they decide to try next.