Side effects

• 6 replies
  • 100 subscribers

Hi all. I have just completed my 4th and last cycle of Capox and was wondering how long after treatment the side effects last. In all I've done quite well with side effects but the tiredness is a problem. In other people's experience how long shall I expect this to last.

Thanks.

Col.

• Hi  and congratulations on completing all 4 cycles. I think generally it’s a few weeks before you start to feel better but the main thing is to listen to your body and gradually build up to doing more things - everyone’s chemo experience can differ so it’s hard to put a definitive timeline on it x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm
  • Thank you kareno62. 

• Hi I had 4 cycles of capox from January. It took a good month before the fatigue started to go. I feel much better now. Out walking again. The fatigue is hard with capox. It will go but not right away. 

Take it easy 

• Thanks Kmck. I'm glad to hear your getting back to normal. You're right it is hard, I've never felt tiredness like it. But if, like you I feel better after a month it will be a welcome relief.

Thanks again Thumbsup 

• I finished 14th June.  I found about week 4 I felt much better. Week 5 I went on a cruise!  By week 7 I was back doing aerobics classes etc (with quite a bit of half the speed or taking a mini break!). I still find any hills or lots of steps really challenging.  I have found concentrating at work makes me tired in a completely different way and the mental tired seems to now be taking over from the physical.

• My son starts his 4th cycle of foloxitine tomorrow and he has had some stomach cramps but the fatigue is really bad he just starts to pick up when he has to start again