Targeted Therapy rash/acne

• 3 replies
  • 98 subscribers

Hi, My Husband has bowel cancer that spread to liver and lung. Very small spot has spread and can be operated on. He is on chemo and hS started Targeted Therapy. He was warned about acne and was ready to deal with this side effect. The acne he has got is very severe so the doctor is prescribing him stronger treatment for his skin. Its on his neck back, face and scalp. He is so low and feels horrible. Does anyone have any tips or experience of dealing with this. Any remedies he could use along side the drugs? Or even make up to help boost his confidence when he leaves the house.Thank you. Lemony xxx

• Hi  

Sorry to hear that . My mum’s rash did subside quite quickly . The hospitals can have different protocols . 
    This was my mum’s oncologist approach.

She was on continuous antibiotics for the rash and that help with overall control . She used the prescribed washing products only for her skin .

She also had a steroid cream she kept in the fridge that she had to apply to bothersome spots .

She had to use baby shampoo .

If that does not do it he can ask for a referral to a dermatologist to her control it .

It was an effective treatment for mum .

Take care ,

Court 

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Thankyou for your reply. That's really helpful.  X

• Someone told us to add pomegranate seeds to her food . Apparently helps the gut and absorption . No idea the science behind it but she did and got great results from using just Cetuximab. 
    Court 

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000