Peripheral Neuropathy

• 3 replies
  • 99 subscribers

Hi all

i have peripheral neuropathy caused by taking Cancer treatment I stoped the threat ent weeks ago but now suffer really badly with neuropathy.  I am in almost constant pain.  Sometimes it is almost unbearable.  I have been told that it eases with time but others say it’s with you for life.  I have tried all sorts to ease it and the pain killers don’t really seem to touch it.  Walking eases it but I struggle to walk to far because of my myeloma.  It’s really getting me down and I know the treatment has helped controlled my myeloma but I am not sure I want to live with this constant pain. 

• Hi  and a warm welcome to the board. I found that my neuropathy got worse after stopping treatment but it’s more annoying than painful so I’ve maybe been lucky. Unfortunately there’s no magic cure tor it - walking gives temporary relief and I found reflexology did too. 
    I’ve attached a link to a post that I did a while ago with a few ideas which I hope may help?

Managing Peripheral Neuropathy 

Take care

Karen x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm
  • Hi I have the same condition had it 4 years now, I find after a walk (not far) that putting my feet in a bowl of cold water helps. Sometimes off an evening I cannot feel my feet they go numb and are always cold.

Try the cold water.

Hope it helps Pecy

• Hello

My husband's got progressively worse after chemo stopped, particularly in his feet and really put a stop to activities and walking. He tried everything to minimise symptoms with no luck.  He is now on pregabalin and it has been a game changer for him.  Very few symptoms if any most days now.

Hope you get some relief soon

All the best 

Gill