Husband has primary goblet cells cancer appendix, secondary stomach lining and malignant pleural effusion

• 2 replies
  • 99 subscribers

Hi all, new to the forum.

Long story short husband is 58 yr old previously fit and healthy. Became short of breath at Easter and has gone down hill since. Diagnosed with pleural effusion and then further tests colonoscopy and gastroscopy showed primary goblet cells appendix cancer and goblet cell stomach lining cancer. He has a permanent plural catheter in that I drain 3 times a week to manage the breathlessness and he can only manage small meals as feels very full quickly. He has lost weight and struggles to mobilise very far.

We have an appt at beginning August to see an oncologist for hopefully some treatment. We have had a couple of visits from palliative care nurse

It has been such a shock and a rollercoaster ride 

Hoping to share any information and manage concerns. We live in Sunderland north east england

Thanks for reading Jane

• Hi  and a warm welcome to the board. I don’t know much about this sort of cancer but I can remember a similar post recently which I’ve put the link to below

RE: Primary cancer of appendix and secondary peritoneal cancer

Hope this helps and please let us know how the August appointment goes?

Take care

Karen x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm
  • Big welcome from me too .

Hopefully he will get a good treatment plan in place very soon and it really does feel as though something is being done .

Going straight to chemo is a good option . That’s what my mum had to do and it did shrink the spread back .

Hoping he gets some relief with the fluid issues . 

We are most definitely here to support you both .

Take special care ,

Court 

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000