Hello everyone, I’m just starting my journey

• 42 replies
  • 107 subscribers

Hello everyone, my name is Kelly, I’m 41 and I went for my colonoscopy last Sunday where I could clearly see something was not right. It is around 33 cm in which is still at the very beginning of the pipe work.  Eight biopsies were taken and I am waiting on the results. I have my CT scan on Sunday which I am not looking forward to as I hate confined spaces along with the anxiety of what’s happening.!!!! 
my mind is all over the place, and I’m not gonna lie I am freaking out. I have been reading some of the stories on here and it has helped a little. If anyone is at the same stage as me, it will be nice to have some buddies to talk to xx

• Hello, thank you so much for your message. I am feeling okay one minute and then the next minute I’m overthinking x I have had quite a lot of discomfort down below like a constant pressure and some weird feelings in my legs which is scaring me quite a lot. Xxx did anyone else on this chat get any symptoms at all?xxx

• Hi, how many session you need to do? I hope your symptoms will get better soon. Can I ask after how many sessions did you start feeling the side effects? Praying for your recovery stay positive. 

• I haven’t had any sessions of anything yet. These are just symptoms from the condition itself. I had my colonoscopy last Sunday when I took a biopsies and now I am waiting on my results. I had my CT scan with a die this Sunday.

My hospital meet on a Tuesday to discuss all patients, so I think I will probably be discussed next Tuesday.

I will hopefully have a treatment plan from there xx

• Hi Kat,  everyone is different depending on tumour size …location etc.  Some head for surgery then maybe chemo.  My husband needs the radiation and chemotherapy first to shrink the tumour before surgery. He had a week of radiation and he is now having four cycles of chemotherapy.  Three weeks each cycle.  We are on week two of cycle one and he seems to be coping well… he’s still working away  Touch wood it stays like that. Do you know your treatment plan yet or are you still waiting … take care big Hugging

• Hi Jane thank you for reply I have scheduled 5 days of radiotherapy next week Monday-Friday then 2 weeks break and I am starting chemotherapy capox as they told so far I think it’s 4 cycles as doctor said I will have it 3 months August-October. I assumed it’s 4 cycles every 3 weeks. It’s great to hear about your husband that he is doing well. With his treatment. How he felt after radiotherapy? Thank you so much.

• Hubby drove the five days to the hospital…3 hours in total and then went to work after radiation.  It took more time to park the car than get his radiation….only thing I would advise is keep using the moisturiser … after two weeks hubby had an area of sensitive skin.  Your plan sounds similar to ours … hubby is on capox .  Visits the hospital on day one … then tablets at home for the two weeks then a week off.  Then we start again.x 

• Ahhhh ok xx yes I’m getting the idea that every patient is completely different x

What does your husband do as a job?

It is so nice speaking to somebody xx

Is your husband on here to? X

lots of love xx

• Hello Kelly, I thought it might help to share my story having read through your posts. I’m 38 yrs old and have 3 young children. I was diagnosed 20/6, the camera was unable to pass the tumour. Biopsy confirmed the cancer and CT showed no spread. Surgery to remove the affected part of sigmoid colon scheduled for 30th July. Following surgery I’ll know the stage and whether any further treatment required. 

I also experienced more discomfort post colonoscopy due to being ‘backed up’. In the past when this has happened, I have also felt my legs were a bit tingly. I suspect it is the pressure being put on the sacral nerve at bottom of spine. I wonder if this is what you are experiencing? Do you have any laxatives or stool softeners to take? 

I wish everyone well on their journeys and thanks for letting me share mine! X

• Good luck on the 30th xxxx I have my first appointment on Friday with the surgeon to discuss treatment plan xxx

• Thank you. Have you had your CT scan results yet? Keeping it all crossed for you too. X