Hair loss

• 7 replies
  • 87 subscribers

Hi- please can you share any experience of hair loss with CAPOX treatment?  Is it unusual to lose your hair?  Thank you 

• Hi.yes it is unusual,most people just get some level of thinning.therefore it is advised to use a mild shampoo and not colour your hair during the treatment

But and its a big but ,a minority do loose their hair.

I personally would have liked to have been forwarned so that when I lost mine I woulnt have been as upset but prepared.I was one of the unlucky ones but coped with a prescription for a wig.It does grow back and in the great scheme of things is only a blip in thr treatment journey.

All the best and heres hoping you sail through your treatment

Kath

• I am half way through 8 cycles of Capox. My hair has thinned a bit but I haven't lost it. 

• Thank you for letting me know, that is encouraging,  and good luck with the rest of your treatment

• I’ve just completed 4 cycles of CAPOX and my hair is thinner than it was but I still have plenty. Some people do lose their hair but it’s rare.

Hope your treatment goes well.

• Finished 6 cycles of capox end of Feb, hair thinned (blimey, the hair in my shower trap) but I'd had it cut really short before treatment and it looks OK at the mo. Friend even asked me last week if it was my hair!    I could do with a hair cut appt now, but it is low down in priorities - I know I'm going to love getting a haircut again.   Just look after yourself, don't worry about hair, it will grow back if you lose any.  Don't colour or treat it.  It's an opportunity to try a pixie cut!
    Hope all goes well for you

Zx  

• Thank you and glad you have completed treatment ok.