Some research info on colorectal cancer

• 4 replies
  • 84 subscribers

Hi all, I was diagnosed with stage 3 bowel cancer in 2019, underwent surgery + chemo, but found metastases in the  lungs in 2022. I did some research in prostate cancer in the early 2000's but I have since left the lab and work as a medical writer on rare blood disorders. Part of my job is scrolling through scientific papers and keeping up to date with the latest research. Of course, I can't help myself but looking at all the research on colorectal cancer as well. So I though I'd share this interesting paper on tiger milk mushroom (lignosus):

https://benthamopen.com/contents/pdf/TOPROCJ/TOPROCJ-4-2-65.pdf#:~:text=rhinocerotis%20have%20been%20found%20to,in%20cancer%20cells%20%5B14%5D and a review of all the studies done so far: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5775285/pdf/fphar-08-00998.pdf.

It does look promising and I'm going to talk to my onco about it Slight smile

• Good Morning Cecile 

Thank you for sharing 

I read through 2 articles, very promising results. I looked online and find some websites where you can buy them 
    can I asked you did you spoke to your oncologist about mushrooms or not yet 

thanks 

Natallia 

• Hi  

I haven't spoken to my oncologist yet, I'm seeing him today. To be honest I am taking quite a few supplements and some off-label drugs, which I have all ran past him, but he doesn't seem too interested... I ordered the mushroom powder for my son who always end up coughing for weeks each time he has a cold and got it recommended by a friend who is a nutritionist, which is why I initially looked into it Slight smile

• Thanks Cecile 

an you let me know which one you bought , if you want sent me private link as I was looking online and a bit lost which one to buy to be honest 

Thanks 

natallia 

• Thank you Cecile 

is it possible you can sent me link which one you bought as I looked online and to be honest a bit lost 

you can sent me private link if you want 

thank you 

natallia