Pain

• 3 replies
  • 98 subscribers

Hi , I've been diagnosed with bowel cancer with a 6cm+ tumour in the top corner of my bowels , I seem to be in pain alot , I've put it down to food passing it .

Does anyone else experience any pain ??

• Hi DMG,

My mum has advanced bowel cancer and she experiences pain however her care team provides her with lots of pain relief to help control the pain. They told us to not wait for the pain to get too bad but to try to preempt the pain with pain relief. Have you spoken to your care team about it? Perhaps they can help? Must be difficult for you and I am sorry for any discomfort you are feeling. 

• Thanks for the reply , yes I'm going to ask about pain relief on Monday,  I haven't got a care team yet as still waiting for all results from ct, mri and bloods .

• Oh that's good. If there's one thing I have learnt in all this is don't suffer in silence, they have wonderful pain control, the teams are amazing. It's better to get the pain controlled so you can keep your strength and get ahead of it. I'm sure once they speak to you they will act quickly, if you are still only dealing with the GP be really clear about the pain and how much it's effecting you, that tends to help. x