I got told I needed a CT scan of abdominale and bowels but letter says CT Pancreas

• 2 replies
  • 99 subscribers

Hi was up a and e last week server pain upper right belly had blood tests done all clear, but they did a an urgent 2 weeks referral for what I was told would be a ct scan of bowels and abdom. but just had letter for appointment this Wednesday and it just says CT Pancreas,My q is will it only look and show the pancreas or will other organs and bowels be seen and reported on thank you  

• Hi  

I can't help with your question as I haven't had a CT scan of my bowels and abdomen but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list. I'm sure some forum members will be along soon to help if they can.

All the best with your scan today and remember to ask any questions you have while you're there, ie what areas are they scanning.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi  Hope the scans gone well? I’ve always had chest, abdomen and thorax if that helps?

Take care

Karen x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm