Krukenberg Tumour

• 4 replies
  • 84 subscribers

Hi,

I posted in here just before Christmas. I've had to make a new account as it wasn't letting me log in or I was using the wrong email! Anyway, just before Christmas I was diagnosed with a bilateral PE and my cancer markers were up. I came here for advice and you were all so brilliant and supportive.

Since then I've had several scans, including PET scans and bloods which showed my cancer markers were continuing to rise. I have now been diagnosed with a Krukenberg Tumour and as a result I will have both ovaries and fallopian tubes removed. I've been told that this a secondary cancer as a result of the bowel cancer I had (I finished treatment at the end of 2019).

I've been trying to find information on Krukenberg tumours but I can't find much out there. Can anyone point me in the right direction or share their experiences.

Thanks

x

• Hi 

https://community.macmillan.org.uk/cancer_types/bowel-colon-rectum-cancer-forum/f/new-here-say-hello/214079/kruckenberg-tumours-18-months-after-bowel-resection

Welcome back ! That sounds a bit if an ordeal getting back on . If you have any further problems please let me know and I will contact admin for you 

posted a few months ago so I have tagged her in to the discussion and linked in her thread !

Hopefully being a few months down the road she will have some information for you .

Take care ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Hi HappyLou

sorry to hear your diagnosis. I had my ovaries removed by emergency surgery in March this year. Same diagnosis as you. 4 weeks after surgery I started on 8 cycles of Raltitrexed. Cycle 4 today. I have a scan booked for later in June to see what's going on. Fingers crossed it will show nothing. There is very little info out there on Krukenburg tumours and my oncologist told me that in 20 years she had only treated 2 cases so maybe that's why.  Good luck and best wishes to you. I would be interested to hear what treatment you are offered.

Missymoo2

• Fab, thanks Court. 

• Hi Missymoo2,

Thank you so much for your reply. I really hope that your chemo is going as okay as it can today. I have my fingers crossed for your scan too.

I'm going back into hospital to have my other ovary and fallopian tube removed this Friday and then I'm not sure what will be happening next. They are also going to do more washings of the pelvis area to check for cancer cells. I'm a bit shocked and like you say there is very little out there to read. I will let you know how it goes. I've been told that there is over 80% chance that this ovary is cancerous too. I think they want to wait for the results of this ovary before deciding what/if they should do next. I

Em x