Kruckenberg tumours 18 months after bowel resection

• 2 replies
  • 160 subscribers

Hi I had a bowel cancer in Sept 2019. I had a resection followed by 3 months of chemotherapy. I then Han had 3 monthly blood tests of my CEA markers. The markers increased dramatically in February which in turn instigated a scan. This showed a mass in my pelvis. I was admitted to hospital and had emergency surgery to remove both ovaries which were showing Krukenberg tumours. I had never heard of these and was told it's not curative and will need more chemotherapy just to extend my life. I am reeling from this diagnosis as is my husband and family. Any information or advice would be welcome. Sue.

• Hi 

Just want to welcome you to the forum and I am very sorry to read your recent diagnosis. 
    I have heard  of them before but I wonder if most people are not given their full title . 

If you click on my user name you can see my mum has encountered quite a few spreads and given the same prognosis. But it’s certainly not without hope. We too were told chemo might extend her survival. And it has indeed . She responded very well to it . She kept pushing those boundaries further down the road . And still doing so ! 

We too were dismantled by such a diagnosis but in little and big ways it became a bit more manageable with time.  We started trying to reclaim small chunks of time back . A coffee without it rearing it’s head . Then pushed that out to an afternoon. We did lots of planning and projects to occupy our minds . Some days were complete fails and that’s ok too , just humans . 

My mum focused on her wellness , did things that relaxed or she found enjoyable where possible. Others she had to surrender to the process . 
    We also ensured she was getting treated with the most current of practices so we looked into what was being achieved . My mum never touched this part as some was difficult to process . We did it for her and we did consult with teams leading the way.  

I am glad you reach out and hope we can support you .

Take care ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Thank you Court for those words of encouragement and hope. It is a difficult time but I am going to try and concentrate on getting my strength back and be positive.

Missymoo2