it continues....

• 10 replies
  • 83 subscribers

It must be wonderful to be out the other side, NellyB, and to have got through it all. I can see how much fortitude is going to be needed. 

Yesterday was awful. I ended up vomiting up all the evening tablets after feeling ultra nauseous all day. I can't face food and drink, so phoned the centre, and have I have a change of anti-sickness meds, or rather, an addition to what I have already. The anti sickness so far have made me feel worse. We'll see with the new ones. 

Let's hope I can stand another day, do feel like giving up.

• Oh gosh, it sounds like you are having such a rough time of it!! 

Really hoping the new meds make an improvement for you & thinking about you!

Suzy 

• You are having a rough time, I hope the new meds help. 

Sarah 

• I’m so sorry to read this Mariscotia . I really get what you are going through . Even looking at those awful tablets made me gag . At one point my husband found me in a ball on the floor just rockinand saying I can’t take anymore tablets . He phoned the oncologist and they gave me different nausea tablets which did help slightly . They also lowered my dose of tablets . The oncologist said all side effects where normal , I could of lamped her Weary

• I feel for you....I had a terrible time after 2 days of the tablets.....it was too much chemo..steroids...anti sickness...laxatives....my stomach was grinding couldn't go to the toilet...all so horrible....I couldn't take the chemo Monday evening or at all the next day....managed to go to the toilet and started tablets again today...I know I shouldn't have stopped them...but I was so ill...I just couldn't .....am a bit better today....but getting weird side effects I have a creeping sensation under my skin mostly in the middle of my forehead...

i had a nurse come out to give me the anti sickness injection ..but it didn't work....I'm not taking any more anti sickness....they make me worse...I'm just going to keep wandering around the house...grumbling....and I find crying helps...they say you should be positive...and not get down and cry....but I think crying helps...I'm sure it's a natural release...so ...I go upstairs wander around grizzling for. awhile....and I actually feel a bit better afterwards...and the nausea doesn't seem quite so bad........

does anyone know how long in between to take the tablets? I was taking them about 9 .30 in the morning...and then again about 6 pm....but I saw somewhere that you had to take them 12 hours apart? I can't always get up early enough to eat before the first lot...and don't fancy taking them just before bedtime...always wondering what they are going to do to me !?!?!?? Hope you feel better soon Mariscotia...thank goodness we have this chatline...it really is a godsend....lots of lovely people always reply and help you xxx Irene

• The first nurse told me take the capecitabine tablets 8 hours apart (though I have read 12 hours now a few times... I usually stick to about 9 hours or so & like you don’t like taking them too late x

• I was told to take mine 12 hours apart, I aim for 8am and 8pm, though i often find it a chore to eat something before my morning dose. 

Sarah 

• I was told 12 hours between doses. I've got a rough schedule o 7.30 a.m. (then back to bed!) with breakfast and 7.30 p.m. I've changed our evening meal usually we eat early. Meals is only a term!-  it's more likely just a few bites of something ffor me.. I'm on an extra anti-sickness med called Ondansetron after speaking to my chemo unit. I was sent home with metoclopramide which I think most people have. The instruction for that is take as needed, which is misleading. Plus they didn't work. Yes this chatline is great, some good suggestions to make life a little easier. I hope you feel better today. 

• I took mine about 8 in the morning and 7 at night . I like you just couldn’t physically take them a couple of times but I took them at the end of the course so it meant an extra day or two until I’d finished . And there is nothing wrong with crying . I hit some very dark days and I really scared myself . Sometimes being positive is hard XX

• Hello....all community best friends ! I would just like to say...I'm feeling better and more positive....I've got myself into a routine ...same time tablets morning and evening.....I'm taking the Lansoprazole ...which I was reluctant to add to all the other tablets..and that has helped the heart burn ...touch wood ...it keeps working...and I also take the sleeping tablets...which help me drift off and get some sleep....I wake a bit groggy and a little headachey but that goes off once I get up....I think the sleep deprivation was doing me in...I've never been a good sleeper....so all this just makes it worse....also...I think the steroids and anti sickness tablets made me worse....I am now just taking the chemo ones...

thanks for the tip about crystallised ginger...luckily I had some...had a couple of chunks swallowed down with a cup of tea and a ginger biscuit...and the nausea went off !!!!! So hope that works for others suffering too......also I find natural yoghurt with live cultures helps....if it's too cold I just pour a little hot water over...bit weird...usually put it on top of cornflakes and any fruit that I'm allowed to have on low residue diet...can't have yoghurt with bits in....the onken natural set seems to be a good one.also very nice with honey........everyone on here has been so good to me....so maybe it's time for me to be more positive and hopefully help others too xxx wishing you all well Irene x

• Oh I am SO happy to read this! Raised hands
    long may these good feelings continue for you Raised hands

Suzy