Newby

• 14 replies
  • 17 subscribers

Hi all, I've her+ breast cancer, due mastectomy on 17th May, but last pet-ct showed shadowing in bones that wasn't there 3 months ago, they are saying it's likely to be bone cancer taking everything into account.

I'm devastated, how do i tell my kids? I'm a single mum to 15 & 13yr olds. I'm just in complete melt down at moment, can't think straight for crying, I'm in pain with my boob tumour, not sleeping, and all I can think of is I'm dying. Sorry, just can't see through it anymore x

• Not been told yet. Only that TKI is potentially the only treatment.

• Hi all, I've always regarded crying as a weakness, this changed after I was diagnosed, all I could see was my impending deat, so yes a lot of crying as screaming at the world, I don't deserve this! 

If it was not for the support of my wife and a councillor I don't think I be here today.

Ok world I have incurable cancer, but getting one with my life got my big boy pants on again and making the best of it.

I'm not embarrassed to cry anymore, just trying to use my experiences to help others.

• We've all been there - stay strong x

• It wasn't until I joined McMillan community site that I realised my experiences had happened to everyone, I post on prostate, incurable and bone groups, different cancer's same results, all great people.