advice for osteosarcoma

• 6 replies
  • 9 subscribers

osteosarcoma

• our granddaughter 13 years old has been diagnosed with osteosarcoma in her knee , 6.8 cms. She started chemotherapy 4 weeks ago and is due to have surgery in 7 weeks. She would really like to communicate with another teenager who is going through the same.

• Hi sweetie, I'm so sorry to read this. It's hard enough to cope with as an older person but so unfair that your granddaughter is going through this at such a young age. I hope you manage to find someone to help support her xxx

• Hello Griswald,

While I also  had osteosarcoma - at age 63, I am not the right person for your granddaughter to contact. I recommend you look at the Bone Cancer Research Trust's website. They have support, contacts etc. Most people get diagnosed with osteosarcoma in their teens or early twenties, so there are others out there. I think they probably dont use the Macmillan site.

2-crutches flower

recovering from Osteosarcoma

• Oh Sweet little soul, praying for her speedy recovery

• Hi Griswald, 

How is your daughter now, I'm 59 and was diagnosed with Osteosarcoma of the left femur in 2021. After 4 cycles of chemotherapy and 3 operations I'm now in recovery. Its a difficult time for all receiving the diagnosis however, support, courage and a strong will can get you through it.

I would be happy to discuss any part of treatments or recovery any time.

Best wishes

David (Dobber)

• I'm 17 and have osteosarcoma, I had my surgery 6 days ago. I would be happy to talk to your granddaughter if she would like!