Pain in left arm

• 3 replies
  • 8 subscribers

I woke up with pain in my left shoulder about 6 weeks ago. I thought I had slept funny but the pain has been getting increasingly worse. It’s gone down my arm and into my elbow. I’ve not injured myself but I have never had pain like it. It wakes me up every night and I have to get up. The gp has prescribed naproxen which just takes the edge off. She doesn’t know whats wrong with my arm as the muscle strength is good. She referred me to a physio and said she could refer me for an ultasound. We decided I would try physio first. I went on Friday and she could find nothing wrong either. I mentioned the ultrasound and she said I didn’t need one. She did agree to send me for an xray which I am having tomorrow.
My dad had bone cancer so it’s on my mind. I have m.e. so I am always tired. I have psoriasis too which has gotten a lot worse over the last few months. Has anyone else had similar experiences?

• Hi

I 'spoke' to you the other day in another group. How did the x-ray go yesterday and are you any nearer to finding out what's wrong with your arm?

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi,

I had the x-ray yesterday. They said it would take 7-10 days for the results. I’m still in pain. I can’t sleep in bed now so I’m sleeping on the sofa but at least I’m getting some sleep. Thanks for asking x

• I'm sorry to hear that you're now having to sleep in a chair because of the pain in your arm. 

Do come back and let us know how you get on with your results. 

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"