Bone cancer of the right femur?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 0 replies
  • 6 subscribers

Hi all

I have suffered with MDS for past 9 years and doing reasonably well with blood checks monthly - platelets go up and down but as of yet never below 70.

I have had 2 knee replacements on my right leg but always in pain. Last year somehow my right femur micro fractured and was given all clear after local hospital wasn't sure if plain micro fracture or cancer of bone. Since then constant pain where bone joins the internal false knee and after numerous x ray, mri and ct scan followed by last one which was a nuclear x ray (spect scan I think they call it). My consultant referred images to Royal Orthopaedic Hospital Birmingham to check and now just received letter from their oncology dept for outpatient appointment.

I guess I am being negative and thinking all the worse things - my local doctor says not to worry as if serious they would see me in 2 weeks max and appt is not for 5 weeks but...…

Would love to hear from anyone with similar problems after a TKR and the femur micro fractures...

Thanks in advance - to be honest I am scared though at a very young 67 should know better!

Mark