What lies ahead

• 1 reply
  • 73 subscribers

Hello all,

New here and to all this heartache. My mum has had ongoing problems with her waterworks for over 12 months. 

I had to push to be seen by urology as she was forever having uti but there was always blood in her urine. 

We first saw a urology nurse in march and she informed us that we'd have many tests/scans. We had the ultrasound scan, CT scan, yet nothing was seen on any of this and in July she was sent to a&e where she was fitted with a catheter.

We had a cystoscope in August and that when we found out she had a tumour (apparently it was 1cm mass) 

We had the TURBT done on Monday and she had chemo directly into her bladder. We've only got discharge papers to go off where the mass was 4-6cms solid and necrotic, the TURBT was also incomplete. Well she was still in hospital We had a call for a CT scan on Thursday. 

When will we get any results? This part has got to be the hardest. I just need to know what we're dealing with and what grade it is. 

We have a TWOC booked in for Wednesday but honestly, she retains so much. 

Thank you for reading 

• Hi  and welcome to the group, although sorry to hear your mum is in a lot of discomfort. The waiting for results are always anxious times. The not knowing and uncertainty can be stressful. The results are usually ready in about 10 days, but it can take up to 4 weeks to see a consultant to discuss them. The results determine the next step and in many cases, there will be a follow up TURBT to double check and confirm the findings. I hope all goes well with the TWOC and she can lose the catheter. Many of us here have been through this, so feel free to ask anything. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?