Just been told i have bladder cancer

• 3 replies
  • 74 subscribers

Hi to everyone on here  after some info if possible just been diagnosed with T1 badder cancer  they are going to remove bladder prostate and lymph nodes  can someone tell me which would be best i want to continue working in a heavy lifting job  but not sure if a (i think they said NEO bladder or stoma is best ? to have fitted when i go for op  thanks in advance 

• Hi  . I've not had removal so not much help, but let me welcome you to the group. I am sure others will be along to share experiences. I do know there is a long recovery period which may not be conducive with heavy work. It may help if you let us know what you have done so far . Have you been offered any other treatment other than cystectomy? Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Hi N19ULS, welcome to this friendly informative group, you will gets lots of help on here. I have not had bladder removal, did get offered it but choose the Bcg route.  I had Grade 3A PT1 with CIS. Diagnosed in 2022 and been on the Bcg since then after tumour removal. Was bladder removal your only option? 

• Hey 19, 

I had an RC for T1 bladder cancer. If you go into the search bar and search Orillia, you can read my comments over the last 6 years, most are  pertinent  to some of the questions you have and will have. Orillia.